Wednesday 3 April 2013

My favourite dog quotes

Before I got Del, I didn't realise how happy having a dog would make me. My life has changed dramatically since we got him. I sometimes feel like my whole life (apart from work), revolves around what is best for him. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I can't imagine life without him. And I don't want to.

I thought I'd share some of my favourite dog quotes. All true to me. Enjoy.


"Money may buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail." ~ Kinky Friedman 

"Dogs are my favorite people." ~ Richard Dean Anderson
  
"A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life." ~ Bob Barker 

"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, big or small, young or old. He doesn't care if you're not smart, not popular, not a good joke-teller, not the best athlete, nor the best-looking person. To your dog, you are the greatest, the smartest, the nicest human being who was ever born. You are his friend and protector." ~Louis Sabin 

"The more I see of man, the more I like dogs."  ~ Mme. de StaĆ«l


Dogs are miracles with paws.” ~ Susan Ariel 

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.”  ~ Marilyn Monroe 

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” ~ Will Rogers 

A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.” ~ John Grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog  

If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” ~ Roger Caras 

I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.” ~ Cesar Millan 

In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.” ~ W.H. Auden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment!