Friday 13 June 2014

Borrow My Doggy

I may be late to the party here, but my friend told me about a website called Borrow My Doggy yesterday, a totally new concept which I've never heard of before.



The basic idea is that dog owners and people who love dogs sign up and can 'borrow' your dog for short spaces of time, for walks or spending time at your house. So, dog owners will upload pictures and details of their dogs and "borrowers" can get in touch to perhaps take your dog out for the day, perhaps if they haven't got their own but would like to walk a dog.

What Borrow My Doggy aims to do

My friend has signed up and is hoping to pair up with a dog which she can walk every now and then. The site matches you with dog owners and borrowers in your area, and you can get chatting that way. Each owner and borrower adds information about themselves and what kind of times and time frames suits for both, which gives a good indication of the frequency of the meetings.

My first impression was that this is a fantastic idea. Borrowers get some well needed canine time and dog owners get a break from perhaps walking their dog everyday, or can organise pet sitting for when they're out either on a short break or a long day in the office. Then I started to think about how comfortable I would be with letting a stranger take Del. I'd only want someone to take him if I was sure I could trust them- there are a lot of variables to consider.

What do you think? Would you let a stranger take out your dog for the day? Would you enjoy taking someone else's dog? Have you had an experience with Borrow My Doggy or a similar site?

I would love to hear about what you think- comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment!