Tuesday 21 May 2013

Moving House Worries

Unfortunately, we may need to move house in November. Our landlady text me a few months ago saying she was thinking of selling the house. We're really upset about this anyway, because me and my partner are so happy there. It's in the perfect location, it's the perfect size and we feel really content there.

It makes it that little bit harder because I'm constantly worrying about finding a pet friendly rental house in time for when we move. I've read countless times on forums about how hard it can be to find a house which is pet friendly. We were lucky with our landlady. She's a big dog lover, and even though we didn't have Del before we moved in she said that she'd be more than happy with us to get a dog.

Recently, I've been racked with worry about what we'd do should the worst happen. What if we can't find anywhere which will allow Del to live with us? The thought of having to give him away makes me want to cry, and I'll be faced with this anxiety until nearer the time of moving.

I know we've got plenty of time to worry about it, but it's always in the back of my mind (and a lot of the time, in the front of my mind).

Have you ever had issues in renting a property with your pets? If so, how did you overcome it?

I'm looking for people to tell me that giving up Del is simply not an option and that there are ways around it.

Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a comment!